Literally, HP’s insta ink
saved my life. As a special education teacher, all I was ever doing every day is printing visuals, printing task cards, printing adapted books, printing schedules, printing PECS symbols .…. PRINTING …. PRINTING…. and MORE PRINTING!!!
Working in a low economic school district colored ink was hard to come by and I found myself spending over $400 a year on colored ink out of my own pocket, especially in the beginning of the school year. I can’t even tell you how many times I would run out of ink and would put off going to the store for WEEKS with the stupid cartridges to make sure I got the right one and the right size. UGHHH what a pain in the butt. So one day while I was at the TEACCH conference in North Carolina, I was with a group of teachers that were talking about how great Insta-ink
was and I decided to do some research.
Ok, so what is HP Insta-Ink
? Insta-ink is a subscription-based program for ink replacement cartridges. You need to have an HP Instant Ink eligible printer to be eligible to enroll in a plan. The plan charges a fee based on the number of pages you print each month. The printer sends ink level information to HP, and when the printer runs low on ink, replacement ink cartridges are shipped to you. You do not need to purchase replacement ink cartridges from retail stores when you are enrolled in HP Instant Ink
So why do I love it so much!! Here are some reasons you need to switch to insta-ink today
1. Delivery – who doesn’t love getting packages! You don’t ever have to go to the store to purchase more ink or to fill your cartridges. The ink comes right to your door whenever you need it.
2. Automation – you never have to check to see if you are low on ink. Your printer will keep track of the ink levels for you and order the ink when you start running low. I always have new ink on my doorstep before I EVER run out.
3. Set price- you get to pick the plan that you are comfortable with. Some people don’t print very often and others may print more than they need. Based on the plan you choose, you will get billed monthly at a low cost. As I have said before, I was spending over $400 on ink a year, I now pay $9.99 a month. ***TEACHER HACK**** if you think you would print more than the 300 allotted pages a month, there is a $15.99 a month plan that they do not advertise that will get you 500 pages a month.
4. Flexibility – you are never locked into a plan, you can drop down or bump up your plan whenever you would like, penalty-free. I typically like to bump up my plan to the secret teacher 500 pages at BACK TO SCHOOL time because there is so much prepping I do for the beginning of the year.
– If you do not use all your plan pages in a month, the unused pages will be kept in your account as rollover pages. Your rollover pages are available as long as you are enrolled in HP Instant Ink.
You can only rollover the allotted amount that you have. So if you are in the 100-page plan, you can store that many pages in your rollover account. **The caveat that if you print more than your allotted pages, you will be charged $1 for each additional 10-20 pages depending on your plan. **
6. High Quality Ink– this isn’t some cheaper version of ink, it isn’t watered down. This is HP printer ink, they truly create a great product and can even print great quality pictures of my own family and it looks great!
7. Lots of Printers– Hp Insta Ink works with a variety of printers. I didn’t have a compatible printer when I first signed up and was really hesitant on buying ANOTHER printer, but I actually ended up purchasing one through Best Buy during their Christmas in July sale for under $70 dollars and it came with a year free of insta ink, it was a great deal and bought it on the spot.
| HP OfficeJet 5741 All-in-One Wireless Printer with Mobile Printing (this is the one that I bought in 2016)
8. NO contract – Hp Insta ink is a month to month subscription service, you never have to ever sign a contract. You can cancel at anytime.
– You can even earn one free month of FREE ink
, if you refer a friend
and they sign up you BOTH get ONE MONTH FOR FREE ! If you would like to try Insta-Ink you can use my referral code HERE!
|Click the picture and use my referral code to try out Insta Ink today
These codes used to work for free months, you can try them and see!!
CODE: fGR8C (my referral code will get you one month for free)
Well that is all for today, did I miss anything? Tell me in the comments if you already have it and love it as much as I do!
Or you can pin this post for later here: