Who doesn’t love free resources? I created an entire bundle of animal habitat adapted book units and decided to share this entire unit for free for you!
Sometimes getting and sustaining student attention is dang near impossible. However, I have found that using adapted books in my classroom to be the most beneficial.
Students love how interactive and engaging they are. Also, students love to master these books and complete them independently as well.
This freebie is jammed packed with lots of materials that you can use all week long.
- Adapted book (interactive)
- Black and white version of the book
- 4 different writing prompts
- 2 different vocabulary cards
- 3 different versions of assessments
- cut and paste worksheets
- graphic organizers
- other related worksheets
- lesson guidelines
- instructions on how to assemble the book
- Boom card deck for digital learning
I use the reading material as one on one instruction. Or you can present the free adapted book in a small group lesson and give higher-level students the black and white version.
I often will put these reading materials in the classroom library or student book bins when they have mastered them. I also have sent some home to read with parents.
I like to give the assessments at the end of the week once we have completed all the materials.
Do you have the rest of the animal habitat book units?
Yes, there are 8 books total and this free unit is one of them.
Here is the list of all of the Animal Habitat Adapted Book Units that I have:
What does this BUNDLE include?:
- Animal Habitats Adapted Book Unit
- Forest Animals Adapted Book Unit
- Ocean Animals Adapted Book Unit
- Rainforest Animals Adapted Book Unit
- Desert Animals Adapted Book Unit
- Arctic Animals Adapted Book Unit
- Freshwater Animals Adapted Book Unit
- Savannah Animals Adapted Book Unit (this unit is only available when you purchase this bundle, and if you sign as an email subscriber HERE)
I know that sometimes, choosing the right resource for your students is both tricky and difficult.
I am here to let you know that my adapted book unit, BY FAR, has been such a blessing in my special education classroom.
My students will often read these books by themselves, on their own time, which totally makes my teacher-heart so very happy.
Please download your Free Adapted Book: Savannah Animals and let me know what you think!!
Or you can pin it for later!